Disney Cruise Line vacations offer so many dining options, there is no reason to ever be hungry! We are going to sample dining options based off the venues onboard the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
Breakfast and Lunch buffet: Cabanas is an indoor/outdoor casual dining buffet style restaurant located on Deck 11, aft. The offerings will vary daily but some items will be available daily. If you like omelets, as a server in your area and he or she can take your order for that. They even have egg white options. NOTE: On the day that the ship docks in Castaway Cay, the outside seating area is often closed due to aggressive seagulls – so be prepared for limited seating during peak breakfast hours.
- Optional Breakfast in the dining rooms: If you prefer a sit-down breakfast and ordering from a menu, you can choose to eat in some of the main dining venues. You will not be seated at “your” table and the wait staff will vary. Check the navigator for which restaurant will be open and the hours of operation.
- Breakfast on disembarkation day: You will have breakfast the day of disembarkation at the same restaurant you were assigned to dine at the night prior. You will get to see your wait staff one last time too. There will be two dining times, one for early seating and one for late seating.
Quick service delights: On Deck 11, you will find several venues offering walk up ordering. Make a pit stop at Flo’s Café. This outdoor eatery is home to 3 food stations; Luigi’s Pizza, Tow Mater’s Grill and Fillmore’s Favorites. Guzzle burgers, chicken, pizza, salads and sandwiches here. The self-service ice cream machine is a favorite of all ages! The hours of operation vary and will be posted and in your personal “Navigator”.
Room service: Complimentary Disney Cruise Line Room Service included in the price of your cruise is available 24 hours a day, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. On the final night of your cruise, Room Service is available until 1:30 a.m. Gratuity is not included.
Assigned Dinner dining: Your table number and wait staff remain the same nightly, but you will rotate through the dining restaurants. You will find your restaurant order and table number assignment in your stateroom and on your keycard. All three restaurants are wonderful. But be sure enjoy your night in Animators Palate. The interactive experience is a must do!
- Enchanted Garden. Inspired by the gardens of Versailles, this is where you will find your best options for seafood.
- Royal Palace. Inspired by the classic Disney Princes films you will find a menu of French and American cuisine.
- Animator’s Palate. Here the magic of Disney animation comes to life. On the Disney Dream is it very interactive with a favorite character who comes to visit and on the Disney Fantasy, your art becomes part of the show!
Late Dining: If you are not happy with your assignment to late dining, don’t fret! Tell your server at the beginning of the meal that you would like your kids to go to the Kids Club. Hopefully that will enable your server to bring your child’s meal out sooner. Then around 9:10pm the Kids Club staff will come to front of the restaurant and wait for 10-15 minutes to collect and escort any children headed to the Kids Club. A great way to enjoy your meal without a child sleeping in your lap!
Adult only dining. Hopefully you were able to book a reservation at either Palo or Remy. You may be able to book a reservation once you are on-board. The wait list is a good option as well as people change plans all the time once onboard. Before you go, make sure you packed clothing that will adhere to the dress codes.
- Palo. Named after the signature long poles used by gondoliers in Venice, Palo serves an adult-exclusive restaurant serving Italian fare in an intimate setting amid stunning seaside views. Palo brunch is amazing! I highly recommend it! If you aren’t able to make reservations online, you can still get one once you are on board. Just go up to Palo as soon as you board and ask to make a reservation.
- Remy. A French-inspired menu of superior ingredients ensures dining at Remy is always a first-rate affair. The gourmet selection was crafted by Chef Arnaud Lallement of l’Assiette Champenoise—a Michelin 3-star restaurant just outside Reims, France—and Chef Scott Hunnel from award-winning Victoria & Albert’s at Walt Disney World Resort.
Tip: Children can order off of the adult menu at dinner. Does your little one want steak? Do they want to try lobster for the first time? Go for it! Kids can order anything they want off of any menu!