Whether you are coming from the airport, the Walt Disney World® Resort or from home, there are quite a few options on how to get to Port Canaveral. Regardless, we do suggest you come into the area the night before. The ship leaves promptly in the afternoon. If you have flight delays or run into traffic, you do not want to miss your boat!
- Disney Transportation. If you are coming from the airport or a Walt Disney World® Resort, you can get to and from the pier by their motor coach. The current cost is $35 one way or $70 roundtrip. You can mix and match by being picked up at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and then leaving the ship on your return day and take it to the airport or vice versa. This is a great option for those that want hassle free, do not have their own personal vehicle, and are a party of four or less. As Disney is known for, they keep you engaged for the 45 minute to hour ride with a video that talks about the cruise in an informative but entertaining way.
- A car service. If you are not the motor coach type but want the hassle-free transportation option, a car service may be your answer. There are quite a few options of course in this industry and our agents have their favorites for service and promptness. An example, traveling roundtrip to and from the airport for a party of 6 would be $280 plus gratuity. Even with tip, you are looking at $15 less per person! AND they offer a free grocery store stop if you want to pick up some water, wine or beer (make sure to read the limitations to bringing this onboard). If you did the Disney motor coach, this same party of 6 would be $420 and no stop to pick anything up. These car services will also work for Walt Disney World® Resorts, Universal Studios, and local off property hotels as well.
- Driving in? Stay at a Cape Canaveral hotel so you are close. This allows you a leisurely morning before heading over to board. Kids can swim in the pool, have a little breakfast, and start your first cruise day, stress free. Many of these hotels have park and cruise packages. You will be allowed to park at their hotel and they will shuttle you over to the port. An example of the price for these shuttles is the Radisson at the Port which offers a $24 roundtrip cruise shuttle per person that can be added to any of their hotel reservations or you can book their Park and Cruise package. Run the numbers though. Many times, I have found that packaging one of their special fares with the park and cruise feature was less than booking the Park and Cruise fare as a whole. Regardless, in most cases, this is still less than driving to the port and parking.
- Parking at the port. The current pricing for Disney Cruise Line sailings is below. For those that want the ability to walk on and walk off easily and jump into your car and take off at your convenience, this is for you.
Length of Cruise
|3 Nights / 4 Days||$64.00||$112.00|
|4 Nights / 5 Days||$80.00||$140.00|
|5 Nights / 6 Days||$96.00||$168.00|
|6 Nights / 7 Days||$112.00||$196.00|
|7 Nights / 8 Days||$128.00||$224.00|
|8 Nights / 9 Days||$144.00||$252.00|
|9 Nights / 10 Days||$160.00||$280.00|
*Rates are subject to change without notice
- A little more out of the box option is UBER. For those that like the freedom of when to leave and don’t want a set time to worry about, this may be your best bet. Currently the price one way is $75 from Grand Floridian to the port.
- Another out of the box option but gives you a little freedom is car rental. Some people like to come in, head to Universal, Cape Canaveral, or just tour the area. You can rent a car at the airport or Walt Disney World® Resort and then drop it off at a location near the port. Most rental car agencies have a shuttle that will take you to the pier. If you choose to rent a car after the cruise, they will pick you up at the pier as well. Rental cars can be picked up at the Car Care Center on Walt Disney World ® Resort, at the Walt Disney Swan and Dolphin, or the Hilton in the Disney Springs area (not the Bonnet Creek location). An example of current pricing is a mid-size, pick up at the Car Care Center that morning, drop off near the port, early afternoon, $61.16 with tax. If you wanted to pick it up the day before and do some touring, it would be $87.86.
Regardless of how you get to the port, you are sure to have the most magical vacation! Bon Voyage!Tweet