Returning to the Magic.
COVID – 19 Communications from Walt Disney World Resort
Current policy for Walt Disney World reservations booked though March 31, 2020, please review the policies set forth by Disney listed on their website. Click here to visit the Walt Disney World website.
- Ticket purchases: Date specific tickets need to be used any day before December 15, 2020. If you cannot travel before this date, the price of the ticket can be used toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.
- Packages: Guest who have not checked in for their stay between March 16, 2020 – March 31, 2020 may modify or cancel their reservation up to the day of their original check in date. If no action is take, Disney will auto-cancel the reservation and process a refund 7-10 days after the original check in date.
- Dining and other experiences: All will be automatically cancelled
- FastPass: All will be automatically cancelled.
UPDATE: Effective March 15, 2020, until further notice, we’re making a temporary adjustment to our final payment policy for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort packages booked through Walt Disney Travel Company. For existing bookings, final payment to WDTC will now be due 7 days prior to Guest arrival.
UPDATE: Effective March 16, 2020, Disney Springs in Florida will be closing all of the Disney owned and operated locations, including shops and restaurants, beginning Tuesday, March 17, through the end of the month. Select restaurants and retail locations at Disney Springs may remain open. Call the location for operating hours.
Disney owned and operated hotels at Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort will close at 5 p.m. Friday, March 20 through the end of the month.
UPDATE – March 17, 2020: Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will also close at 5 p.m. Friday, March 20 through the end of the month. This will give Guests the ability to make necessary travel arrangements or book alternative accommodations.
Disney Floral & Gifts is temporarily suspending operations on Wednesday, March 18 close of business through the end of the month. The Disney Floral & Gifts website will be adjusted so that no orders will process for delivery from March 20-April 4 at Walt Disney World Resort.
UPDATE: March 20, 2020. Star Wars Rival Run Weekend has been cancelled.
Runners who registered on runDisney.com for the 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend race at Walt Disney World Resort will receive a refund back to their original form of payment for the following:
- Race registration (Half Marathon, 10k, 5k, Rival Run Challenge)
- Commemorative merchandise
- ChEAR Squad
- Processing fee
- Guests who’ve already received a partial refund will receive their remaining balance to a Disney gift card.
Refund timing: Refunds from runDisney can be expected in approximately four to six weeks.
UPDATE: March 27, 2020: In line with guidance and direction provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort are currently closed. A reopening date has not yet been scheduled.
UPDATE: May 28, 2020. Walt Disney World plans to reopen on July 11th for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. July 15th for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. They have made the difficult decision to cancel existing dining and experience bookings through the end of the year. Additionally, cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans. As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided.Unfortunately, these new measures have also required to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections the guest may have made. As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided.