People may steer away from traveling to Disney World in the summer. There are many good reasons to go in the summer though.
1. Longer hours. You can utilize early hours and evening later hours when it is cooler
2. PLAN. You can pre-select fast passes ahead of time (60 days for those staying on property and 30 days for anyone else). Use these to stand in less lines and on more attractions. I don’t usually suggest holding off using fast passes for later in the day because then you cannot add any at the parks but in the summer months, it makes sense. If you can get to the parks when they open, you can easily ride five to seven attractions that are high crowd attractors, before the bulk of the crowds get in. Most guests do not arrive before 10:30AM. Don’t do the ones you have pre-selected fast passes for unless you have time or want to ride it multiple times. Pre-select three rides later in the day (evening) for ones that are high attractors. You can then do some shows late morning before it really heats up, have lunch at the park or head back then and enjoy the pool and the other offerings at the resorts.
3. Having a sit down meal for lunch during hot days is a nice break. Eat at a grab n go (quick service) for dinner to spend more time at the pool and get in the park when it cools down.
4. There are less ride refurbishments. Most things tend to be open.
5. If you can travel the second week in August and beyond, the crowds will be even less. The kids are either back to school or back in their towns for fall sports practices.
6. It is great time to visit the water parks as part of your vacation and we are giving free water park tickets with most packages for the summer months.
7. Up to 30% off resort stays this summer and we can package it with tickets and dining plans.
8. There are still plenty of character dining options available. I did a quick search in mid-July and there are character breakfast reservations for Be Our guest, Princess meals, breakfast with Mickey and friends, etc.!
9. Kids will not miss school and the pools at the resorts are a kid’s dream!
10. Most of all, have a plan. Work with someone who does this as their specialty or do it on your own if that is the type of thing you like to do. Have a plan regardless; meal reservations, fast passes, park flow. This will make a trip in the summer, fall, winter, or spring so much more relaxing.
Discover the magic of Walt Disney World® Resorts and parks on a Walt Disney World® Family vacation, and share the joy of Mickey Mouse and company with your kids. Let Ears of Experience plan the perfect Disney trip for you and your loved ones. Contact us today at 1-877-80MOUSE. We look forward to sending you on the magical vacation of a lifetime.Tweet