If you’ve ever been to Walt Disney World ® between mid-November and early-January you know the Orlando theme park doesn’t spare a single garland, ribbon or twinkling light for its annual holiday decorations. But do you actually know to what extend Disney ® goes to create this gorgeous winter wonderland? It is truly my favorite time of the year! It is simply beautiful. But with that beauty, comes a lot of preparation and materials! Here are some fun surprising Disney ® Christmas facts you won’t believe:
• There are an astonishing 1,300 decorated trees throughout property.
• The Cirque du Soleil building (La Nouba) at Downtown Disney West Side spreads the holiday cheer with a wreath 25 feet in diameter
• 10 miles of twinkling rope lights go into the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios ®.
• It takes 150 semi-trailer truckloads full of decorations to decorate 24 resorts, 4 theme parks, Downtown Disney and other Disney ® locations.
• 15 miles of garland strung and 1,314 wreaths hung throughout the World Disney World ®.
• There are 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows hung on Christmas trees throughout the property.
• 8.5 million lights light up Walt Disney World Resort ®.
• 100 percent of the lighting used for holiday décor is LED.
• 11 countries decorate for Holidays Around the World at Epcot ®.
• Candlelight Processional at Epcot ® welcomes more than 800 performers each night
• There are also more than 200 guest choirs that sing during the entire run of Candlelight Processional
• Magic Kingdom ® proudly displays a Christmas tree with a base 26 feet wide.
• The 70-foot-tall tree in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby features nearly 35,800 white LED lights
•6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
•One 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating
•One life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
•100 percent chance of snow flurries during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place on select holiday evenings in Magic Kingdom
•365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop in Downtown Disney Marketplace
And if you’re taking a Disney ® cruise this season get ready for a festive trip out to sea as Disney’s ® ship, the Fantasy is adorned with 931 feet of garland, 66 sprays, 27 wreaths, 38 trees ranging from 2 feet to 20 feet and more than 17,000 individual LED lights – 11,000 of which are on the 20 foot tree in the lobby.
There is still time to plan a trip down to enjoy the sites. firstname.lastname@example.org 877-806-6873
We Are the Plan Behind the Magic
Leave a Reply