Update: Universal Orlando has officially announced June 5th as the date they will re-open to the general public. Contact us for booking information.
Today Universal Orlando presented their proposal for their procedures on re-opening to the Orange County Task Force. The plan the theme parks submit must have a date they wish to re-open. Please keep in mind the below is all the information shared on the proposal. This proposal has been voted on by the Orange County Task Force, and the Mayor will need to officially sign off on it and send it to the state. I am sharing this to show some of the things will most likely see going into the summer when visiting Universal Orlando. I for one am excited!
Below you will see the slides of the presentation. The significant points are bullet-pointed below. But the question everybody wants to know is what their suggested opening date is. They would like to test their systems with team members and then select annual pass holders from June 1st to the 4th with a date of June 5th opening to the general public.
- Some of the new procedures they propose to keep team and guest safe are below.
- Temperature checks for all team members and guests
- Staggered arrivals and parking for team and guests
- Staggered breaks for team
- Team members will be required to wash their hands every 30 minutes and given time to leave their job post to do so
- Mobile food ordering for both the front and back of the house
- Social distancing in the back of the house as well as all public areas
- Masks for team and guests
- No valet parking
- The interactive play areas will be closed
- Eliminating water and misting features
- 3D glasses will be given out individually
- No single rider lines
- Staggered queue lines, so guests are not standing next to each other in the queue
- Virtual lines wherever possible
- Concerning shows, there will not be post meet and greets, but they will keep the characters on stage longer for photo opportunities
- All dining will sue single-use containers
- Contactless payment is not required but encouraged
We will keep you posted on our social media channels when and if this proposal is approved as well as update the blog.
If you would like further information or are ready to book, please reach out to us at any time at email@example.com.