For the most part, your stroller is safe when visiting Disney theme parks. When left in a stroller ‘parking lot’, cast members keep an eye on your stroller while you enjoy the rides or shows. However, some parking lots have hundreds of strollers, and with people coming and going, it’s impossible to watch every one of them. Therefore, although it’s rare, some do come up missing at times.
Many strollers look alike, so it’s possible someone took the wrong one by mistake. In this case, they usually realize it quickly and return it. Other times, you’re not so lucky. Some are ‘borrowed’ for joy rides, only to be abandoned when people are finished using them, while others are gone for good.
Here are a few things you can do to safeguard your property.
- Never leave anything in your stroller that you value, such as cameras, purses, baby bottles, or even souvenirs. It’s too easy for someone to walk by and take whatever is left out in the open. Only leave things that would not ruin your vacation if they came up missing.
- Tie a large ribbon, piece of fabric, or other identifier onto your stroller so it’s easier for you to pick it out of a crowd and less likely to be mistaken for someone else’s. Tying a balloon to the handle works well too. As an alternative to an expensive Disney balloon, consider buying a balloon the day before at a local party or grocery store. We give our clients a special stroller identifier to make is easy to find and less likely to be taken by someone else.
- Put return address labels in several places on your stroller, both hidden and in plain sight. This will make it easier for you to identify it, as well as Lost and Found if it should come up missing. Plus, a thief is less likely to steal a stroller that has your name on it in clear sight.
- Chaining your stroller up to something might sound like a good idea at first, but it may turn out to be a problem instead. If a cast member needs to move your stroller for any reason and it is locked to something, they will bring out the bolt cutters to remove the lock. A better idea would be to lock up the back wheels with a bike lock. This way, if a cast member needs to move it, the stroller can be tilted forward and rolled on the front wheels. Also, a thief won’t want to draw attention by rolling it away like that.
- If you rent a Disney stroller, remember there will be hundreds exactly like yours in the park. There’s a clear packet on the back for your name, but other than that, they all look the same. If someone wanted to, it would be easy for them to take yours and simply switch the name. Be sure to make your stroller stand out from the others by using some of the ideas above. Thieves won’t waste time untying your ribbon/streamers if there is another stroller next to yours that looks exactly the same.
The bottom line is stroller thefts at Disney are rare, but they do happen. You are more likely to have a cast member move your stroller to another spot in the stroller lot than to have it stolen. With that said, be smart about your property and don’t make it easy for criminals to take your stuff. A few simple steps will help keep your Disney vacation full of happy memories.
Let us know about your stroller tips.
Discover the magic of Walt Disney World® Resorts and parks on a Walt Disney World® family vacation, and share the joy of Mickey Mouse and company with your kids. Let Ears of Experience plan the perfect Disney trip for you and your loved ones. Contact us today at 1-877-80MOUSE. We look forward to sending you on the magical vacation of a lifetime.Tweet
8 Responses to “Is My Stroller Safe?”
My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right.
This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Very helpful and informative article. Many people do not know these things. I have two kids. I will buy a safe stroller asap. Thank you so much for this valuable article.
OH no!! Its official… I am a stroller addict lol!! Im always trying to pimp my kids ride and my hubby thinks Im insane!!
Not insane!! Creative!
I am very glad that I found this blog post. I’ve heard talk of baby prams. All 4 Kids online store provides a wide range of quality and reliable baby products like baby carriers, baby furniture, baby prams, stroller with bassinet, baby change tables, car seats, kids scooters, toys, etc. I plan to stay connected to your blog. Can’t wait to see what you’re going to write next. Thanks
It is very helpful for us thanks for sharing dear and keep it up…
I like that you suggested having a bike lock instead of locking the item on a chain for safety purposes. I will keep that in mind when I get double strollers for my future kids. My husband and I are pregnant now, and we found out that we are having twins that is why we are already looking at things we need to be aware of especially for their safety.
Congratulations!! When you are ready to head to Disney with the twins, make sure to use the Rider Swap option. This way everyone can have a blast and ride all the rides (even the big kids).
Leave a Reply