Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the place to be if you are a Star Wars fan. In 2019 Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens, a land that will encompass 14 acres. But no need to wait, there are plenty of things Star Wars related to do and experience now. I have detailed the current list below as of this publication.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. This has been around for a while and a family favorite. Your young ones can train in the ways of the Force and put their skills to the test against the Dark Side. This is available for kids ages 4 to 12 and you must sign up after you enter the park. We suggest getting to the park 30 minutes early and going to straight to sign up once the gates open. Times are typically all day, every hour.
Star Tours: You do not have to be a fan of Star Wars to enjoy this 3D flight simulator. Storm Troopers attempt to stop your vessel so you will escape to different worlds from the Star Wars movies. The worlds change so each time you can have a new experience including possible sequences from Rogue One: A Star Wars story. You Must be 40” tall
Celebrate the Stories of Star Wars in Star Wars Launch Bay: Explore immersive exhibits and get a peek behind the scenes of the movie, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. This is your chance to discover sights, sounds and surprises that are sure to delight any Star Wars fan! This area is open during morning and evening Extra Magic Hours.
Get an up-close look at replica props, models, costumes, concept artwork and artifacts from the Star Wars films, including these special galleries:
- Celebration Gallery
- Preview Galley
- Light Side Gallery
- Dark Side Gallery
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away: This 15 minute show celebrates iconic moments from the saga with live vignettes featuring popular characters including Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, C-3po, BB-8, Bobba Fett and Darth Maul.
Advanced Weapons Research Troopers from Rogue One: A Star Wars story will march in formation from the Star Wars Launch Bay to the center stage area for several shows each day. See daily times guide for show times, but the march from the Star Wars Launch Bay typically begins on the hour with the show starting on the half hour.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi: This dramatic 10-minute film compiles exhilarating Star Wars movie moments to tell the tale of the Jedi Order’s fall and return. Star Wars: Path of the Jedi retells this epic saga and hints at what’s to come as the Star Wars story continues with old friends, new heroes and debuting villains.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: This firework display includes lasers, projections, and special effects (including a tower of fire and spotlight beams that create light sabers in the sky). The display also includes new music from Star Wars. See the park’s daily times guide or the My Disney Experience app for display times. The show times are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather.
Interact with Star Wars Characters
- BB-8. Navigate your way through the corridors of a Resistance freighter and visit the security sector. Once there, you may find yourself face-to-droid with none other than BB-8, who is closely observing the base’s surveillance cameras.
- Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren is feared throughout the galaxy for his vicious skills in combat and his strength with the Force. Wearing stark black robes and a foreboding metallic mask, Kylo seeks to invoke the dreaded image of Darth Vader as he enforces the will of his commander, the mysterious Supreme Leader Snoke.
- Chewbacca. Journey to an ancient temple that has been transformed into a hidden Rebel base. Here, you’ll have a chance to salute the fuzzy gentle giant, Han Solo’s loyal comrade and Millennium Falcon copilot.
Star Wars Guided Tour. The Power of the Park Side
This adventure features all the Star Wars action! If it’s your destiny to discover all the Star Wars adventures at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this experience could be a real-time saver and an incredible experience. With VIP access, unparalleled by any other galaxy, this guided voyage will have you:
- Seeing stars during a screening of the movie, Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Witnessing 2 live stage shows; Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order, both from a reserved viewing area
- Enrolling younglings ages 4 through 12 in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Launching into hyperspace aboard a Starspeeder 1000 on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Sinking your jawas into a Star Wars-inspired meal at Backlot Express
- Joining forces with new friends at a Chewbacca and Kylo Ren Character Greeting
- Orbiting around exhibits featuring replica props, models, concept art and artifacts at Star Wars Launch Bay
- Experiencing a reserved viewing of: A Galactic Spectacular nighttime fireworks event
- Restoring freedom to your galaxy and taking a personalized souvenir of your tour home with you to commemorate your adventures. Pricing is currently $92.95 per person.
Beyond the character meet n greets, there are a few photo ops Star Wars enthusiasts will enjoy.
- AT-AT Walker. Stand under a massive AT-AT walker looming over an Ewok village. Located in front of Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- Speeder Bike. Balance on a replica speeder bike darting between the giant trees on Endor. Located near Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- Cantina. Visit an intergalactic cantina reminiscent of the famous Mos Eisley cantina. Pretend you’re one of the cantina’s alien scoundrels, play holographic chess, sit at a Sabacc table or mosey up to the bar, complete with a glass of blue bantha milk. Located inside Star Wars Launch Bay.
Whether you are an avid Star Wars fan or not, these attractions and experiences are bound to entertain and are well worth the trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.